Job Aids/Quick Guides
Downloadable guides to assist you with general CMS activities
Guidelines and Reference
- Accessibility Guidelines (pdf)
- Use this guide to learn how to create accessible links, images, tables, and PDF’s. This document contains step-by-step tutorials but is not a replacement for policies outlined in the official Governance Document.
- Assets: Image Size and File Guide (pdf)
- Outlines the proper file dimensions, sizes and types that may be used within the CMS.
- Component Padding (pdf)
- Learn how to set padding on each embedded component and ensure that the padding is consistent throughout your site.
- General Tour of the CMS (pdf)
- Quick reference of layout, icons, workflow, search and how to get to your pages and assets.
- Governance Information (pdf)
- Current KUMC policies and governance for the CMS and website.
- Working with Tables (pdf)
- How to style tables and make table headers that are ADA compliant.
How-To & Tutorials
- Assets: Uploading and replacing files (pdf)
- How to use the asset workflow to add and replace documents and other files.
- Components: Guide to adding and editing (pdf)
- How to add, edit and remove components from pages.
- Editing Unit Home Page (pdf)
- How to edit the features specific to departmental homepages: Gold buttons and rotating banner images.
- Remove Line Breaks
- Pasting from an email or pdf and getting odd line breaks. Use this handy tool to remove them before copying/pasting them into the CMS.
- Resizing or cropping photos
- Working with Tables (YouTube)
- When to use tables, how to style tables, making tables ADA compliant