Resources for Students, Residents and Fellows
Students the schools of Health Professions, Medicine or Nursing have access to confidential services and support.
If you are thinking about harming yourself or attempting suicide, tell someone who can help right away.
- Call 911 for emergency services.
- Go to the nearest hospital emergency room. On our Kansas City campus, visit The University of Kansas Hospital Emergency Department, emergency services are available onsite 24/7 for anyone experiencing a crisis, such as thoughts of suicide.
- Call or text 988 for the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline available 24 hours a day, offering free and confidential support for anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Support is also available via live chat. Para ayuda en español, llame al 988.
Between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays (non-holidays), students, residents and fellows experiencing a crisis (e.g., a traumatic event or thoughts of harming themselves or others) may contact our Counseling and Educational Support Services office at 913-588-6580.
- Students can contact Veridian Behavioral Health for counseling services available at two clinic locations in Salina. Call 785-452-6113.
- Residents in Salina have access to an Employee Assistance Program from Health Advocate. Call 877-240-6863.
- Medical students can access personal counseling resources through the Academic & Student Affairs SharePoint site or by calling 316-687-0006.
- Residents in Wichita have access to an Employee Assistance Program from EMPAC. Call 316-265-9922.
The Office of the Student Ombudsperson is safe space for students on our three campuses to discuss problems or issues within the university. The Ombudsperson treats all inquiries as confidential. To access services, call 913-588-4698.
Recommendations from The University of Kansas Health System
Our clinical partner offers a robust list of self-care resources, online relaxation tools and apps, as well as patient care information.