Skip to main content.

Information for International Applicants

If you’re applying to the KUMC Health Informatics Programs from outside the United States, here’s what you need to know.

  1. Determine if you are considered an international applicant: You are considered an international student if you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.   This applies even if you have another degree from a U.S. college or university.
  2. Online Courses and Student Visas: The United States immigration regulations require students from outside of the U.S. to attend university programs where most courses take place in-person.  The Health Informatics programs at the University of Kansas Medical Center do not have enough in-person courses to meet this requirement.  Most courses are online.  As a result, students from outside of the U.S. that require student visas, such as F-1 or J-1, are not eligible to apply. 
  3. Other Visas: If you are an international applicant who in the U.S. with a Permanent Resident Card or on another type of visa, such as a work or family visa,  please email us at for English proficiency and transcript evaluation requirements.
KU Center for Health Informatics

KU Center for Health Informatics
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Mailstop 4043

Kansas City, KS 66160