The HBIC carries out investigator-initiated research activities sponsored by such agencies as the National Institutes of Health, other external/federal funding agencies, and private funding entities including pharmaceutical and device companies. The center also carries out contract research/clinical trials under contract to pharmaceutical and device companies.
- Facilities and Other Resources
- Main Research areas
- Current Research Projects
- Completed Research Studies
Study initiation at HBIC
HBIC supports individual researchers to carry out studies at the Hoglund Biomedical Imaging Center. Investigators looking to start new studies or submit a new grant proposals involving HBIC should complete and submit this form one and a half months before the anticipated project start date or funding agency deadline. A committee at HBIC will review each project or proposal and provide feedback to the Principal Investigator in a timely manner.
The Hoglund Biomedical Imaging Center is committed to providing support to KUMC faculty and area researchers. Limited funding is available to those interested in collecting pilot data at HBIC for research projects that fit the mission of the center. Preference will be given to researchers
- Who can offer some matching support;
- Whose projects are deemed to have a high likelihood of success at achieving funding at the federal level; and
- Whose projects will in turn provide further support for the Hoglund program at large
- Contact the HBIC Director, William Brooks Ph.D., email@example.com, for more details
KU Medical Center Research Cores:
For more information about other research cores at KU Medical Center, please visit the Research Support Core Facilities page.
Research Safety and Compliance:
For more information on human subjects' protection, animal research protection and general research compliance, please refer to the Office of Integrity & Compliance or Research Administration websites.