How to Apply
Students may begin this program during the fall, spring or summer semesters. Here are the steps to apply.
As of August 2021, applicants are no longer required to provide scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
Before You Begin Your Application
It will be helpful to have the following information ready before starting:
- Read the nonacademic technical standards. Accepted applicants will be asked if the nonacademic technical standards can be met with or without accommodation.
- Resume: Prepare, copy and paste into the application a resume stating career goals.
- References: Applicants will enter the names and contact information (including email addresses) of three (3) individuals into the online application. The system will then prompt each person to submit the reference online.
A reference should be a faculty member, advisor, employer or another person familiar with the applicant's work and character. The recommendations may not be obtained from family members, friends, etc. Make sure each reference is willing to submit a recommendation electronically.
- Transcripts: Arrange to have one official copy of each transcript from every college and university that you have attended sent directly to KU Medical Center. If the institution provides electronic transcripts, please have them sent to DNtranscripts@kumc.edu. Hardcopy transcripts can be mailed to the following address:
KU Dept. of Dietetics and Nutrition
Mail Stop 4013
3901 Rainbow Blvd
Kansas City, KS 66160
- English Language Proficiency: All applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency through either the TOEFL or IELTS testing systems. The test must have been taken within two (2) years of the first semester of enrollment. Results must be provided directly to KUMC by the testing service using ETS school code 6895. Photocopies of scores will not be accepted (see guidelines for TOEFL).
An applicant is considered an international student if he or she requires a visa, or currently resides in the U.S. with non-immigrant status, or currently resides in the U.S. while applying for permanent residency. Additional requirements and documentation, such as proof of English language proficiency, are required for international students to become eligible for KU programs. Please review the information for international applicants before applying.
Follow this link to submit your completed application and pay the application fee.
The application fee is paid when you click SUBMIT from the online application. Applicants can pay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or by electronic check. U.S. banks only. Application fees are non-refundable. Electronic checks will be held for approximately six business days while the check clears.
KU Office of Graduate Studies sends applicants a letter stating the conditions of admission and admission status.
Advising and Assistance
Please note: to be eligible for this program, you must currently be a registered dietitian or other health care professional and/or currently enrolled in a health professions major at the graduate level in college. See the complete list of admission requirements.
For program-specific questions, please contact Jeannine Goetz, Ph.D., program director, at email@example.com or 913-588-1449 (711 TTY).