ALL-CAN-Converse Lab Research Projects and Publications
We're proud of research being conducted in KU's ALL-CAN-Converse lab.
Current Research Projects
We are currently recruiting participants for the ECoLoGiC Treatment Study (Expanding Communication and Language Opportunities Grounded in Conversation).
The lab is investigating this novel intervention, developed by our principal investigator, Marion Leaman, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, and Lisa Edmonds, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, that delivers one-to-one treatment within the context of unstructured conversation.
In addition, here are some of the other projects we currently have underway:
- Storytelling Embedded in Conversation.
- Topic Initiation in Individual and Group Conversations.
- Development of Clinically-Friendly Measures of Conversation.
- Benefits of Supporting Self-Repair in Conversation.
- Language Differences Between Elicited Monologue and Conversation.
- Impact of Test Questions and Cueing on Conversational Output.
Some of our research publications can be found on PubMed from the National Library of Medicine.
You can also find more of our research projects at ResearchGate.
Current Research Grants
"Therapeutic Use of Everyday Communication to Improve Conversation in Aphasia"
New Investigators Research Grant
Awarding agency: American Speech-Language Hearing Foundation
Award period: 11/01/2021-11/30/2022